Important Questions to Ask
When you meet with an implant dentist, be sure to ask:
- How long have you been placing implants? In general, you can expect that a dentist who has been placing implants for many years is more likely to provide successful treatment than a dentist who is new to the treatment. Dr. Curl has more than three decades of experience placing and restoring dental implants.
- Do you take continuing education courses to stay current? Implant dentistry is constantly evolving. You need a dentist who is familiar with the latest techniques in order to ensure a safe and successful treatment. Dr. Curl has been involved in continuing education since 1980.
- Do you refer patients to other practitioners for some of the treatment? Not all implant dentists perform every stage of treatment. Some only restore implants. A need for referrals does not indicate a lower quality of treatment, but it can make certain stages of the treatment timeline inconvenient if you need to travel to multiple locations. Dr. Curl places and restores implants, from start to finish, at his dental office in The Woodlands.
If you are considering rebuilding your smile with dental implants, take the time to choose an implant dentist with the right experience, technology, and dedication to patient education.
- What diagnostic and treatment technology do you use? Technology makes medical treatments of every kind safer and more precise. Dr. Curl uses a GALILEOS® Comfort Plus 3-D scanner.
- Will you conduct a thorough evaluation, provide a written treatment plan, and explain the proposed treatment? The importance of patient education cannot be overstated. You deserve a dentist who will patiently explain the procedure so that you know exactly what to expect.
- Can I be sedated during surgery? Sedation can make your experience far more comfortable. Choosing a dentist who is licensed to provide sedation can be a tremendous benefit if you feel anxious or have difficulty sitting for long periods. Dr. Curl is certified in IV sedation and has the training and experience to perform it safely in his office.
Your initial consultation with any dentist should make you feel welcome and relaxed. If at any point you feel rushed or unwelcome to ask questions, this is a good sign that you should look elsewhere.
Schedule an Appointment
If you are considering rebuilding your smile with dental implants, take the time to choose an implant dentist with the right experience, technology, and dedication to patient education. To schedule your consultation, please call us directly at (281) 367-6777 or contact us online .